Shingle Back Lizard

Wasp1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a great lizard to have about as they like snails.
But you can get one out of the wild in the morning and by night time if you have handled it nicely it will become tame. And tame enough to not quickly turn around and open it mouth as it defense.
Generally these are slow movers but when pushed they can get a little bit of speed up.

These mate for life and once they have done the deed they part ways and when mating season is back on they will somehow find each other again and mate with only that one. Only getting a new mate when or if the other one doesn't show up.

The biggest one I have personally seen was about 14 inched long. And it was one we grew from a baby as when we were kid we could do that. But laws are now in place to stop this from happening.

The ones in these shots are 2 different ones with 1 and 3 being the same one. Once I take their shot I pick them up and take them back out bush and release them. One thing these will do if its totally wild is when you pick it up it will try to curl its body around and then defecate in a hope you will put it down. But as said these are harmless and I great littleeish thing to have around.
DSC04252.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

DSC07599.jpg

Very cool. :encouragement: I like the "click and release"

Nice one mate. Haven't seen any bobtails around here as yet.

Woo! Scary it is!!!

Neat. Prehistoric looking creature. Nice info to boot. Good pics.

Thanks everyone on your comment on this.
Much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back