Shoe fly! (Trying out new Lumiquest ultrasoft)

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bought a Lumiquest Ultrasoft system. I originally got it for taking pics of the the kids in our family but I realized it works good for macro also :D

4821696291_89f55a4446.jpg

Yeah...it's a good macro light source. At macro distances, it's a "huge" light source, that casts a soft shadow...at family group distances, the light it casts isn't so soft...it did a great job of softly illuminating that fly!! Lumiquest does a pretty good job with its products.

Yeah...it's a good macro light source. At macro distances, it's a "huge" light source, that casts a soft shadow...at family group distances, the light it casts isn't so soft...it did a great job of softly illuminating that fly!! Lumiquest does a pretty good job with its products.

Wow...that is great lighting. So...it seems as thought the lightsource from that ultrasoft is much larger than my mini-softbox, while not being much larger to deal with. I may have to look into one of those for my macro work.

^^ This shot is basically straight off the camera with only a slight boost in black levels and contrast, no sharpening or anything like that.

Most reactions

Back