Shoot Went Well Tonight

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well ... I'll be darned. I got setup ... planned my shots ahead of time, got all the cameras ready ... decided on the shots and picked just five to concentrate on ... taped the shot list on the wall, as well as got the meter readings and f-stops for all the backgrounds on all the film speeds ... took the meter reading on the skin when the clients showed up. Got to work and then got 36 good frames on digital and film, on 3 different cameras, in under an hour. Which is pretty amazing for a disorganized goofball like me. It's sooooo much better to get as much as you can sorted out beforehand, and have just a few good frames to sort through than hundreds. Think this'll be my modus operandi from here out.

Anyway this shot is for a good friend of mine whose mom recently died. I needed a man in his 30's and a woman in her late 50's. Some mutual coworkers came through at the last minute. I did similar shots on film and want to get in the darkroom and get him a good framed & matted print for Monday when he returns.

Here's a couple of the frames:

1)
tim-1.jpg
2)
tim-3.jpg
3)
tim-2.jpg

Invert the last (3) a little angle.. They just let go... Mom is going up to heaven... Just a thought...

Last edited:
Shooting from a shooting script...all that does is makes it more likely that you will get exactly what you had wanted to get before the shoot got underway. Which is usually a good thing! It is sooooo easy to get bogged down or diverted or fixated during a shoot, and then to end up with incomplete sections once the shoot is wrapped. There's a lot to be said for scripting the way a shoot should be done. Having a plan helps you get the individual shots, but it also ensures the complete arc of the story has been committed to film, or to memory cards.

I like these. These have nice lighting, lighting that just works! Your progress in lighting and in photography is really impressive over the last few months, we've seen a lot of skill development realized.

Shooting from a shooting script...all that does is makes it more likely that you will get exactly what you had wanted to get before the shoot got underway. Which is usually a good thing! It is sooooo easy to get bogged down or diverted or fixated during a shoot, and then to end up with incomplete sections once the shoot is wrapped. There's a lot to be said for scripting the way a shoot should be done. Having a plan helps you get the individual shots, but it also ensures the complete arc of the story has been committed to film, or to memory cards.

I like these. These have nice lighting, lighting that just works! Your progress in lighting and in photography is really impressive over the last few months, we've seen a lot of skill development realized.

Well thanks ... I do enjoy being on this road to ... Well, to whatever place i land in this particular art :)

And yes I gave gotten fixated on some instant idea I have during the the shoot then forget I have three other looks to go

Most reactions

New Topics

Back