Shoot With LCD On?

Live view on dSLRs is perverse, in my humble opinion.

I've heard that using it all the time on the SLRs that have it absolutely eats batteries anyway...

my friend and i were actually talking about the live view the other day. From what i understand the live view is not meant to act in place of the viewfinder, but rather just another tool to help you see a better perspective of what your final picture may look like. According to what i read it will help you see the way the light affects the picture. i have not used it, but have heard it will be coming on most DSLR's in the future also.

Does anyone have any experience and any positive comments to make on it?

I only use the live view if im in a tough spot with angle that i cant get with using the viewfinder. I hate using the live view it just seems weak because you get all the people just point and shooting after they spent 800+ on a dslr

I had the opposite experience yesterday - I was taking a picture with a my P&S and held the screen up to my eye... Felt like a doofus at that moment, but it cracked my kids up.

You are not alone...

This past Christmas I was shooting the family pics and what not... I bought my sister a P&S, she asked me to give her the 30 second "how to take a pic" speach... first thing I did was bring it up to my eye... and of course saw nothing but black, floundered a second, pulled it away from my face, pressed the shutter and cracked up at myself.

My sister's comment? "You're not giving me a lot to feel confident about here, bro!" ROFL!

I had the opposite experience yesterday - I was taking a picture with a my P&S and held the screen up to my eye... Felt like a doofus at that moment, but it cracked my kids up.

Have been doing same thing with wife's SD800 - she gave me this funny look when I put a nose smudge on her screen :)

P&S doesn't feel right after DSLR.

I know some think it's "progress" and that it's eventually going to be offered on all DSLRs.

But ... GOOD GRIEF, PEOPLE!!! ... Unless you're using the swiveling/rotating LED to shoot from a really low angle, or over the top of peoples' heads at a parade, it's just WRONG!

Yes, I have a Canon S3is with the moveable screen, and I use it in order to avoid getting down in the dirt to shoot a flower or a lizard or an eye-level shot of my granddaughter.

So for a REALLY old guy like me, it's a good thing.

But for serious photography? NEVER!!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go take my anti-arthritis pill and see if I need to adjust my comb-over ...

(blahblahblah ... and the doddering old fool shuffles off into the darkness, still muttering ...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back