Shooting for 2 Photographers

No do not mention this. Unless you are required to sign a non-compete agreement there is nothing wrong with this but your employers might get pissy if you tell them and they dont like you doing this. So DO NOT TELL THEM!!!! Try to schedule things the best you can and know who you would pick to stay with if needed, which you already have pretty much.

DO NOT TELL THEM.

This will likely only cause a headache for you and your wallet.

The only problem i could see with this is if we end up at the same wedding lol...awkwardddddd

They should advise you of specifics prior to the event or you should inquire regarding those details without drawing unneeded attention as to why you need this info.
What's with all the cloak and dagger stuff? What ever happened to being honest and expecting that people will deal with you honestly?

The only problem i could see with this is if we end up at the same wedding lol...awkwardddddd

They should advise you of specifics prior to the event or you should inquire regarding those details without drawing unneeded attention as to why you need this info.
What's with all the cloak and dagger stuff? What ever happened to being honest and expecting that people will deal with you honestly?

I work in human resources.

Not only is telling them the professional thing to do, I can see a LOT more ways that NOT telling them could come back to bite you on the back-end than ways that telling them could do the same. Telling them beforehand gives them the option to say, "No, we have a problem with that." And then you decide what to do. Not telling them could end quite badly.

Also...if it were me, I'd put my Marketing degree to use and put a little "spin" on it. I'd tell them, but instead of making much of the fact that it's extra income, I'd play up the fact that I really want to have a future with this company, and by doing second shooting for these other weddings, it will really help my enhance my skills so that I can take on a much bigger role with this company in the future...or some such B.S. :lol:
I can't tell you how many graphics design classes I've gotten my employer to PAY for with that kind of nonsense...

Thanks

First of the year is Saturday...they are announcing a balmy -12c or 10f with a chance of snow lol...who gets married in February?

First wedding done. I don't work the reception. It was brutally cold outside. We took most of the shots indoors but damn when we did go out my fingers froze so bad I was snapping off 3-4 shots without even noticing because I couldnt feel anything.

So 10 hours down, 400-500 shots. The lead and myself had a real good working relationship. We hardly if ever switched lenses. He stayed with his 24-70 and I was close cropping shots with my 70-200mm. A lot of candids, beauty shots on my part.

By the end of the day we found out that the lead and myself went to the same high school and that our parents are good friends. Really small world. I'll try to get a couple of pics up soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back