shooting horizontal with tripod!

Sontizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
whats the attachment called that lets you mount the camera horizontal on a tripod and where can i get one? thanks!

Most tripod heads allow you to shoot in portrait orientation. If it has a 1/4 inch screw, it'll fit you rebel. The link you provided looks like it has bogen's own quick release plate mount. Do you own a Bogen/Manfrotto head?

Derrick

Most tripod heads allow you to shoot in portrait orientation. If it has a 1/4 inch screw, it'll fit you rebel. The link you provided looks like it has bogen's own quick release plate mount. Do you own a Bogen/Manfrotto head?

Derrick
no i have a cheapo wal mart tripod but it serves it purpose quite well for my uses. i cant find one for a rectangle quick release like my tripod requires.

I think you're talking about an L plate or an L bracket.... can't remember off the top of my head. However, you might be limited by your "cheapo wal mart tripod". These plates are generally (again, I think) for more prosumer and up tripods and heads. Someone will correct me (please) if I'm wrong.

For the kind of money they sell those for, I'd get a chunk of steel or aluminum and make an "L" bracket, drill 2 holes and get a 1/4 thumb screw. Wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to make. Get everything at Home Depot.

Derrick

ok i feel stupid, i just got my tripod out and was messing with it and it can shoot horizontal lol!!

P8190011.jpg

lol, yups thats a vertical alrite. I have that tripod to use it in the outdoors photographing wildlife,,takes a beating but doesnt last long so bought a Manfrotto

i failed big time with this thread lol

Hello Sontizzle. I got the same tripod as you too i i think!! Mine's called a TP-2800 Camline =-) Can tilt it up like that.

i failed big time with this thread lol

Not at all, if that is your only goof, then you are doing tremdously well. Oddly I have the same tripod too. Great deal from 7dayshop. Think it was about £10, for the money there is nothing better.

Keep shooting (Vertical or horizontal) :lmao:

You know what is funny about cheap tripods? (Including mine) When you tip it vertical, its not really vertical, so....you gotta rotate the head until its the camera is 90 degrees to one of the legs, then drop one of the legs down an inch or two...until the camera is actually level.... I hope pro tripods arent like that too :p

Most reactions

Back