Shooting in RAW mode but camera only saves JPEGS

DenaJoan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
livelovesimple.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please help. I am desperate and confused. I am shooting in RAW mode. However, when I upload my photographs from my T3i to my computer (using iPhoto) I am only getting JPEGS. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Not sure if this is applies to your situations, but for Windows and Nikon NEF files, I had to install a codec that allowed windows to handle the RAW file and I have to use the Nikon Transfer software to load the pics on my PC rather than just dragging and dropping. So you may just need a software update / upgrade to view the RAW file that is actually on your camera, but your computer isn't recognizing.

I just figured it out. iPhoto does not handle RAW files. I had to use Adobe Bridge and it is working now. Unfortunately, I had a lot of my images in iPhoto and NOT on my memory cards... the RAW data is gone. Oh well... better late than never. Thanks all.

I just figured it out. iPhoto does not handle RAW files. I had to use Adobe Bridge and it is working now. Unfortunately, I had a lot of my images in iPhoto and NOT on my memory cards... the RAW data is gone. Oh well... better late than never. Thanks all.

Do a recovery on the card. You may get most of 'em back.

Most reactions

Back