Shooting short

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided with a crappy, cold weather forecast all week that I would send my 150-600 in for a checkup with a nagging AF issue. Today started out as forecasted.. snow... Then like a miracle it stopped at noon and the sun came out! Off I went to the state park with my D7000 and the older Nikon 300 F4 (non-afs). I spent many hours with this red tail hawk. Shooting at 300 is a bit different than 600, but I managed some keepers from the old screw driven Nikkor.... Comments welcome and thanks for looking...

Red Tail Hawk 2_17 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 2_17 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

3 The Hawk was actually swooping down on.....
Great Blue Heron 2_17 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

4 The Heron was not amused... (relative of Beaker?)
Great Blue Heron 2_17 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

5 This Red Shouldered has me a little baffled as RS hawks up here normally don't have a white face and they are a little bigger...
Red Shouldered Hawk 2_17 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

6 The Hawk tried to mimic my watermark..
Red Tail Hawk 2_17 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

7 Sunset...
Red Tail Hawk 2_17 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Nice set! To me they don't look as crisp as most of your stuff. Maybe just my monitor but something seems a little off.

Nice set! To me they don't look as crisp as most of your stuff. Maybe just my monitor but something seems a little off.
The old 300 f4 is pretty good, but not a match for 600 native.. It really doesn't track well at all.. I was pretty lucky to get 1 shot in focus in a series of flight shots...

All exceptional as always, but those are the most unique shots of a GBH I've ever seen.

Very nice set. Love the Heron.

I went back to look at my export options since they seemed so much sharper in light room.. At some point I had moved the slide to 60% quality setting in jpeg export. That might explain why they look so crappy online.. Rookie mistake... :)

All exceptional as always, but those are the most unique shots of a GBH I've ever seen.
1 and 2 are my favorites. Great as usual Kris.
Nancy
Very nice set. Love the Heron.
Thank you!

Kris, great set. I like #3 of the GBH - made me smile. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

What a fantastic set. #1&2 are my favourites, but I'd have been ecstatic if I'd have taken any of them.

Most reactions

Back