Shooting the Moon

Randog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1st attempt at shooting the moon, image of the moon has been sharpened and background blured a little, the curves were slightly adjusted,well maybe a little more than slightly. btw: This shot was taken just prior to sunset. Thanks for looking

img322320050912x13fj.jpg

Great picture...what lens were you using?

This is only just your first attempt at taking a picture of the moon, and the result is THIS!??!?!?!?

Oh, how I envy you!
I've tried it ever so often and my results don't come near your first by longest lengths.
Wow.
I can't tell you how much I would for only ONCE (I am happy with little) capture the moon at such clarity that you can see the craters...

this is defenitely a great job you've done! how mind sharing how did you take the shot?

Cesium 911 said:
what lens were you using?
Cesium 911 – I used my Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L w/1.4 extender – love this lens!

LaFoto said:
This is only just your first attempt at taking a picture of the moon, and the result is THIS!??!?!?!??
Lafoto/DOrr– I wish I could say it was about the photographer but here it’s all about good glass and location. Here in California our moon sometimes comes out a couple of hours before sunset making it a perfect shot for photographers. I just learned this today from a buddy from Europe who said that he had never see the moon come out so early in the day until he came to California. Not to mention the adjustments made in Photoshop although they were small adjustments they are very effective.

Thanks you guys for your comments as they are always appreciated.

Killer shot....for a first attempt. Im at about 426 attempts and have never had something like this. Very well done. !!!

Thanks Chiller for your kind words - much appreciated

that's a really great photo, im going to try to get the moon on my next roll for the first time as well, hopefully i come up with something like this, which im sure i wont as this photo is amazing.

Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back