Shooting Tips for a Charity Event

Billhyco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend I have been asked to do some photos for a local charity event. The event is a motorcycle ride and luncheon fundraiser for a 9yr old boy with Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy. Obviously I have agreed to do this as my "donation" to the cause. I will be showing up for registration, riding in a chase vehicle which I hope allows me for some decent motion shots, and of course the lunch. Its a morning ride so hopefully until lunch the lighting won't be to harsh but I am still looking for some help. Having never taken photos while I am moving nor taken any motorcycle photography I have no idea what angles work. My plan is to try to catch enough photos to tell the story of the day along with all the ups and downs of emotions. Any help would be beneficial.

Sony @300
Sony 18-70mm f3.5-5.6
Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD

Thanks in advance for the help...

Bill

some of the runs like this that i go on are poker runs and most bikes go out in little groups but end up at the first stops at the same time drinking or eating,good place to get some pics. and some are were the police stop traffic and all the bikes go at the same time,one mile from the start is a good place to set up and take pictures of the bikes as they go by,a long line of bikes allways looks good.use your speed lite for all close ups of bikes and people.fill flash.

I figured fill flash would be a must.... i'm thinking a lot of candid shots and low angles of the bikes. Anyone else?

Bring a ladder.

While the low shots are nice, it's kewl I have found if I can to stand on top of my vehicle to take some "over the crowd" shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back