Shooting wide open...

theraven

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ravenphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently got a bargain M42 lens, a Chinon f1.7 55m lens. It can only be used fully manual on my Sony A200 but I have found that it has made me fall in love with photography all over again! Has anyone else found this? Does anyone else shoot wide open? It has made me see things completely different!

Snowy Lane [EXPLORED] by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

The way across... by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

A place to think by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

I like your second shot a lot, you have enough in focus to give that impression that you are entering in a dream....
I like experimenting too, I always found that photography makes me see life from a different angle
Enjoy!

Another M42 user I see. I just found out why my wide open shot have been so horrible. I have been using a low quality adapter with cheap glass. Hopefully now I can get some wide open shots this weekend.

I'll like to see what else you you can do with this lens.

-Hunt

Another M42 user I see. I just found out why my wide open shot have been so horrible. I have been using a low quality adapter with cheap glass. Hopefully now I can get some wide open shots this weekend.

I'll like to see what else you you can do with this lens.

-Hunt

Thank you, the adapter I'm using cost me about £4 from eBay, it is just a round piece of metal, no AF confirm, no optics, nothing and it is fantastic!

I do... and I agree I love it. A little more tricky when dealing with people, but I enjoy the effects.

I like having an area of sharpness in photos, so I generally shoot one stop down from wide open at the very least.

Most reactions

Back