Shopping Carts - DOF attemp

Darwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i posted these before but i re-edited them. i was going for a DOF shot. im not sure if i got it right, any critique will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

-darwin

2540297397_d75d43915f_b.jpg

2540295797_12ce3d05bd_b.jpg

this reminds me I have to nip out and get some groceries...

if your attempting DOF I would say it is obvious you achieved some in shot one and none in shot two..

It's harder to show DOF when your lens is wide open like in shot two.... btw ... that some crazy barrel distortion in shot two.... what lens it that?

ps - I like your choice of white balance for these shots. Some people might call them too warm but I find it appropriate for these....

^ thanks for the reply. what lens do you suggest for a DOF shot. the first shot was taken with 18-55 kit lens and the second shot i used a 10.5, forgot the settings though.

The distracting light in the top right corner of shot 2 spoils it a little. Not too difficult to cut out, just make sure you crop the same amount from both sides to keep the composure.

Otherwise I really like it!

^ thanks for the reply. what lens do you suggest for a DOF shot. the first shot was taken with 18-55 kit lens and the second shot i used a 10.5, forgot the settings though.

post the exif on shot 1

I like the fisheye one, I just wish it was a more interesting subject

i was going for a DOF shot.

if your attempting DOF I would say it is obvious you achieved some in shot one and none in shot two.

Depth of field (DOF) refers to the portion of a scene that appears sharp in the image. A 'DOF shot' does not mean anything. The first shot has a small DOF and the second one a large DOF. So if you were going for a small depth of field in the first shot, I think you succeeded. It may have been interesting not to focus on the cart at the very front but a bit further down to see if it would make a better picture. I guess the second shot was taken with a fisheye, with which it is impossible to have very small depth of field.

Most reactions

Back