Shot my sister today C&C

socal82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the park and shot my sister. Im using a 50mm 1.8 canon t3 with a 430exII flash. Sorry there so many let me know what you guys think

F2.8, 1/3200 shutter speed

IMG_2848 by socal83, on Flickr

F5.6 1/2000 shutter speed

IMG_2874 by socal83, on Flickr

F2.8 1/4000 shutter speed

IMG_2924 by socal83, on Flickr

F1.8 1/3200 shutter speed

IMG_2901 by socal83, on Flickr

F2.8 1/3200 shutter speed

IMG_2950 by socal83, on Flickr

F1.8 1/1000 shutter speed

IMG_2987 by socal83, on Flickr

FD1.8 1/1600 shutter speed

IMG_2994 by socal83, on Flickr

Apart from the first image, you are using a tad too much flash. Watch your backgrounds, especially in the last image, my eyes are drawn to the blue door. The composition and crops on some of the shots could be better. Always get down to eye level with the model, makes it better for us to communicate with he/she. Probably the best image would be your first one, needs a little flash or reflector to cut the shadows but it's good! :thumbup:

This is just my opinion! Your mileage may vary... :)

Thanks for the input. 1-3 are the ones I like the best. What could make these images stronger? I had my flash on ttl full power

Of the bunch, I like the last one the best. Besides the blue door.
#1 Her positioning is awkward, it looks like she's holding onto something. If she is, it might be a good idea to show what this is
#2 I like the pose but she has that deer in headlights look. Lower the flash power and maybe back up a little
#3 Nice lighting on this one but she's too far off to the left. Try to utilize the rule of thirds when doing horizontal pics
#4- back up a little to show her arms and don't cut off her head
#5 Beautiful! I really like this one, the light seems just right. It would have been better suited to have her in the center of the photo on this one
#6- too much flash again, you can see leaf shadows on her face
#7 nice posing and use of props.

On a side note, try having her look away from the camera to give your shots some drama. Also, stop the lens down to f4. You'd be surprised how much sharper this lens is at f4 rather than 1.8 and yes you'll still blow out the background at f4 trust me...I SEENT IT! LOL

No C&C from me, but THAT is a scary Title. I thought I was going to read an online confession.

yeah watch the flash. Some of the shots are altering her skin tone and you are not getting consistent results.

From a beginner - I like the colors in #1 but she seems too far away and the sky overpowers the image. #3/4 She could be positioned better in the frame. Agree with the other comments.

Thanks for all the feedback guys I appreciate it. Seems like I need to watch my flash and keep practicing. Off topic question question can I make my flash go off when I don't have it on my camera? 430 ex II

Thanks for all the feedback guys I appreciate it. Seems like I need to watch my flash and keep practicing. Off topic question question can I make my flash go off when I don't have it on my camera? 430 ex II

Yes.

I like the first one a lot. Im just glad to see that you didn't actually shoot your sister :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes.

You'll need a flash stand and a remote to trigger the flash when you press the shutter button.
Yea Flash is way too harsh. You could try using a soft box on your flash too and try to angle it differently. Or use diffusers and deflectors.

Most reactions

Back