Shot of leaves on the forest floor

Renol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Simple shot that I'm curious what others think about.

I look at it and think "interesting". My eye focuses just above the bottom of the frame and kinda flows around and down to the soft oak leaf near the bottom. It then drifts along the branch nearby and up to the trees in back.

Personally I think there is some room for improvement. Perhaps have more oak leaves in the center focus point or make the point start at the bottom. Would it have looked better if the mound upfront were more off-center or does the tree on the right seem to compensate for that? I think a more defined drop off at the top of the mound be better too.

Admittedly not my best work but I am looking for some thoughts. I'm curious what other people think of this so feel free to comment. Tell me what you like and tell me what you think could be improved. I don't expect a thorough critique just a comment or two either way would be cool.

I am curious but I feel like I am trying to find a needle in a haystack. Maybe a child playing in the leaves would help, have a purpose , and meaning or a snake. Just a thought.

I look at it and think "interesting". My eye focuses just above the bottom of the frame and kinda flows around and down to the soft oak leaf near the bottom. It then drifts along the branch nearby and up to the trees in back.
I find that my eye wants to travel up from where they start...which is the only place the image has sharp focus. But the out of focus background keeps pushing my eye back down. That's the beauty of using a shallow DOF, it pushed the viewer's eye back to where you want it. But in this case, there just isn't enough subject, or enough interest at the place where our eyes keep going back to.

I think there is potential here. The leaves could make for a nice repeating pattern, with plenty of natural difference to make it interesting. I'd try a shot straight down on them for that purpose.
More along the lines of this shot, I'd try a deeper DOF and maybe a composition that doesn't leave so much OOF background area. Also, I might limit the amount of OOF area in the foreground. That is almost wasted compositional space.

I find that my eye wants to travel up from where they start...which is the only place the image has sharp focus. But the out of focus background keeps pushing my eye back down. That's the beauty of using a shallow DOF, it pushed the viewer's eye back to where you want it. But in this case, there just isn't enough subject, or enough interest at the place where our eyes keep going back to.

I think there is potential here. The leaves could make for a nice repeating pattern, with plenty of natural difference to make it interesting. I'd try a shot straight down on them for that purpose.
More along the lines of this shot, I'd try a deeper DOF and maybe a composition that doesn't leave so much OOF background area. Also, I might limit the amount of OOF area in the foreground. That is almost wasted compositional space.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL VERY HELPFUL INFORMATION, THE KIND i WAS LOOKING FOR ON MY SHOTS

My eye get stuck on what looks like 3 rectangles below the twig mid frame. What is that??

The more I look at this photo it look like 2 different photos, 1 top and 1 bottom, I see a faint linemidway between the 2

Most reactions

New Topics

Back