Shot with me new 10-20mm. C&C Welcome

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my Sigma 10-20mm today and this is one of the shots I took of the St. Patrick's Cathedral. Shot in manual with flash. Minor PP done in Lightroom and PS. Lost some quality b/c of photobucket :/

Focal Length: 20mm
Shutter Speed: 1/15
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 800
vvvvjpgLarge.jpg

flash probably didnt do anything for it, but it's pretty blurry. i was there a few days ago!!

actually to my surprise the flash did help. I had one without the flash and it was almost dark. This was handheld which is why its blurry. Didn't take my tripod since I didn't know I would be this long in the city.

I'm at work, so I can't see the photo, but is the shot really blurry? At such a wide focal length, there really shouldn't be a reason for a blurry handheld shot. I've handheld a two second exposure at 10mm with that thing, so I can imagine you could do 0.5 to 1 seconds at 20mm if you were steady.

(once I get home and can see this photo, I'll let you know what I think of it specifically)

It's not blurry to me, just the top half isn't very sharp. Good pic but probably could've used a longer exposure with a tripod

It's not perfectly sharp, but it's also not awfully blurry either. I think it worked out fine. I like it, anyway. Maybe a cheap tripod would be a good investment though, especially for these kind of shots.

By the way, is that light in the center due to your flash unit? If so, good job, that's my favourite aspect of this photo - it really added to it.

I left my tripod at home. And the light is due to the flash which I also like.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the lens? I have seen a lot of cool stuff with that lens, and I am considering it for my next purchase

Most shops sell it for $600 to $650, but every now and then you can score one for cheaper. I got mine for $500.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tokina+10-17+fisheye+zoom&x=14&y=22"]The Tokina 10-17 is another fine option[/ame], based on the Pentax DA 10-17 (not the other way around as some might assume).

The Tokina/Pentax 10-17 is fisheye, whereas the 10-20 is flat field. These two lenses give very different looks. Boz Mon, be careful that you know which kind of wide angle you're getting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back