But is this 'dating' in the best interest of the client?
...
Why not give the client something of lasting value, instead of showing how 'hip' you are? Are you trying to impress your clients or serve them?
It's not like the client is a patient in a hospital who refuses to have a kidney transplant even thought it's going to add a good 30+ years to her life... I don't really think there *is* a "in the best interest of the client" type situation. The client is fully capable of knowing what they want.
If they want a classic look, they'll find someone with that style... if they want something more edgy, they'll find someone with that style. The bride is able to view the photographer's (in this case Beatles') work before hand and decide for themselves if that's the kind of look they want... if not... Beatles isn't holding a gun to their head... and then they can go find you. :greenpbl:
You would
**hate** my wedding photos... in 10 years... I'm still going to love them, because they fit mine and my husband's personality. Personally that "timeless trendyless" look you keep describing is increadibly boring to me and I tried like *hell* to get away from that with our wedding photos.
My senior portraits were non-traditional as well... and over 6 years later... I still love them... in another 4 years after that... I'll still love them... and another 10 years after *that*... I'll still love them. It's going to be the same with my wedding photos... I know what I wanted and I got it... most brides do.