Shots in an Abandoned 1910's Powder Factory

Pocahontas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just two photos from inside a great location; a very old (and very abandoned) ammunitions factory from 1916! Beautiful (and somewhat dangerous!) location to shoot at, so far a favorite of mine :)

(Btw I am a sun flare LOVER so you'll see that influence in my photos...Alot)

New b&w filter that I have been loving recently.

Last edited:
Okay, got them up! Thanks for waiting :)

Love the Black and White filter.... care sharing the name of it? :)

I like this theme and lighting.

When it is not explained in the image description, I always wonder why people choose certain settings. Some images reflect and convey a thought or idea very well and sometimes an explaination is not needed. Not sure what you had in mind here, but I get that country girl moved to the city and then returned home and visited a place that maybe she and friends explored years earlier. Maybe a country singer or something to that effect.

My only nit pik is the one strand of straw crossing her leg in #1, other than that....great

BTW: with your logo in the first one, looks just like a country music album cover.

Thank you for the C&C's!

Joey: I was thinking the same thing about the straw! Def will watch out for those kind of distractions again in the future. Also, usually I do have some kind of story I like to formulate behind my shoots, but this was actually very spur of the moment; we had visited the Powder Factory only to photograph the building, but I found this old destroyed couch & just HAD to shoot some photos of her on it... which led to more portrait photos. But I'm glad my photos inspired you to think more deeply about them!

Thompson: Well I guess technically its a photoshop action rather than a filter, but I tend to refer to them as one in the same (with probably is technically inaccurate; beginners error). The action is called "Black Hearts White", and it is available for free download here (action by Alex Beadon): Four FREE Photoshop Actions >> Chatty Tuesdays! » Alex Beadon Photography

Oh wow. I love the pictures, especially the first one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words :)

Are these from the powder factory in Kings Mills? I live about 5 miles from there. If so, how did you get in? I've always wanted to shoot there. Great photos BTW!

Yes, they are from the Kills Mill Factory! Its pretty recognizable lol.

For YEARS I had wanted to get in, but all I'd ever hear was "its dangerous" "its risky" "cops always patrol there" "if you caught, you'll be prosecuted" and on and on. Finally one day I just said screw it, I want to see what's inside. So my friend and I drove out on a sunny Saturday afternoon, pulled right inside the inner courtyard, parked, and went inside one of the buildings (not hard to get in at all; opening in the fence). There are like 3 businesses who rent space there, so even tho there are tons of "No Trespassing" signs, its just to keep stupid teens out; I mean, if businesses have to operate out of there, it would be illogical to keep EVERYONE out lol. A guy who owns a studio in the factory was actually there while we were, but either he didn't notice us or just didn't care. We were only there for about an hour & only went in one building with the atrium room.

Yes, they are from the Kills Mill Factory! Its pretty recognizable lol.

For YEARS I had wanted to get in, but all I'd ever hear was "its dangerous" "its risky" "cops always patrol there" "if you caught, you'll be prosecuted" and on and on. Finally one day I just said screw it, I want to see what's inside. So my friend and I drove out on a sunny Saturday afternoon, pulled right inside the inner courtyard, parked, and went inside one of the buildings (not hard to get in at all; opening in the fence). There are like 3 businesses who rent space there, so even tho there are tons of "No Trespassing" signs, its just to keep stupid teens out; I mean, if businesses have to operate out of there, it would be illogical to keep EVERYONE out lol. A guy who owns a studio in the factory was actually there while we were, but either he didn't notice us or just didn't care. We were only there for about an hour & only went in one building with the atrium room.

Wow, that's really cool. I've always wanted to do that but have just never built up the nerve.

thursdae said:
Oh wow. I love the pictures, especially the first one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Off topic, I am loving this phone lol. Now back to the show.

These are fun and I'm a sucker for the run down wharehouse look. Very Nice!

Most reactions

Back