Shots of a Newborn

bbaker35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Cousin's wife had a baby a couple days ago and now they want me to come shoot some shots for them. I know they are just asking for snapshots to email (they're technologically challenged...ha ha) but I would like to try to do a little extra for them. Maybe get a nice portrait. Any suggestions at all? Poses? Tips?

Thanks, Ben

I'm new, so I personally don't have a lot to offer you, but try searching baby or newborn and I found quite a few threads already focused on baby photos :D

My friend has a 2 1/2 week old and I had hoped to get the opportunity to take some "nicer than normal" newborn photos, but I am never given the opportunity. She is very protective and her baby comes far before any "experiments", so it seems like he'll no longer be "newborn" before she will let me like take photos of him with no clothes on, testing out light situations here or there... I no longer think I'll even ask her. She lets me take "normal" photos of a sleeping baby, all right, but well... I had hoped to get the chance for something new (to me), but...

LaFoto said:
My friend has a 2 1/2 week old and I had hoped to get the opportunity to take some "nicer than normal" newborn photos, but I am never given the opportunity. She is very protective and her baby comes far before any "experiments", so it seems like he'll no longer be "newborn" before she will let me like take photos of him with no clothes on, testing out light situations here or there... I no longer think I'll even ask her. She lets me take "normal" photos of a sleeping baby, all right, but well... I had hoped to get the chance for something new (to me), but...

Oh... well, that's a bummer. Maybe when he/she is a little older yet, she will change her mind.

I said I didn't have anything to offer, then one of my friends emailed me photos of her 1 week old baby! :) Nothing too experimental, they seemed to be similar to other studio photos I have seen, but they were lovely, none the less. A few different poses... angel wings, head shot of the baby on the mothers crossed hands, & one sleeping on her side with her little hands tucked under her head almost.

Get the baby up very close to mom, cheek to cheek. If you can get the baby sleeping, have mom close her eyes. Convert it to b/w, toss a little bit of a soft filter on it, and it's awesome. :thumbsup:

Bad News Sharkbait..The Mom's a *****. If it wasn't for my cousin I wouldn't even take the pictures. I won't be asking her for much co operation at all.

Ha Ha

Ben

Naked! lol but seriously, I just finished some shots of my nephew that I did of him naked, I am still fixing a couple but here is one of what I mean

d797276d.jpg

I know that you can not tell that he is naked in this one, but I havent had time to load any other ones, will try to show more tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back