Should I buy a Nikon D50?

Should I buy the Nikon D50?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
I voted yes and I have been loving mine. However look at what do you want from a digital camera. A d50 might suit your needs and is cheaper. However if you find there are functions in the d70s that you cannot live without (depth of field preview for me and my macro work) then get the d70s.

zedin said:
I voted yes and I have been loving mine. However look at what do you want from a digital camera. A d50 might suit your needs and is cheaper. However if you find there are functions in the d70s that you cannot live without (depth of field preview for me and my macro work) then get the d70s.
Thanks for the super fast reply! However, I meant to say D50!! Really sorry!

EDIT: I figured out how to change it.. Sorry about that Zedin.

yea...i thought a? D70.............anyway....i would recomend a D50, its what i shoot with and several others on this forum also use one. Its a great camera for the price and as long as you dont mind a few features less than the D70/D70s, you'll do great with it. I doubt that you'll even notice the extra features if you had them....i know i wouldn't. Go for it i say. :thumbup:

Archangel said:
yea...i thought a? D70.............anyway....i would recomend a D50, its what i shoot with and several others on this forum also use one. Its a great camera for the price and as long as you dont mind a few features less than the D70/D70s, you'll do great with it. I doubt that you'll even notice the extra features if you had them....i know i wouldn't. Go for it i say. :thumbup:

Cheers!!

If anyone has any pictures from the D50 that they wouldn't mind posting, I'd really appreciate it! :thumbup:

My one suggestion is to try it in your hand. The only thing that pushed me to the D70s over teh D50 was it was more comfortable in my hand.. if it was justa tiny bit larger it would have been more comfortable for me.

Either way your not going to go wrong.

ugh! i meant to put "yes" but my friend got on my computer and put no... so just unofficially put me down for a yes

slickhare said:
ugh! i meant to put "yes" but my friend got on my computer and put no... so just unofficially put me down for a yes

Haha, no worries, thanks anyway! So that is 8 for yes and 1 for no. I think I know who voted no..

But anyway thankyou all for voting and I have now concluded that I am going to buy a D50! Wooo.. Look out for my n00b photos in the gallery! Haha. :hail:

Fate said:
i voted yes :D

D50 would be great for you nitefly.. its a good DSLR that allows you to learn all the thing you need and get instant feedback (unlike film) i say go for it man, you wont regret it!

Cheers dave!!

Just out of curiosity, if you voted no, could you please tell me why you don't think I should buy it?

I was soo close to buying it today, but forgot my cashpoint card :( So I'm going back tomorrow morning!! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back