Should i buy from Amazon or Bestbuy ????

canonsl2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bestbuy offer Canon Ls 2 with lens kit 55mm
639$ and if i buy another lens 250mm totally 750$

amazon same way but doesnt has offer 250mm 150$ they sale original price 299$ totally 898$

amazon free return 30 days and free return after 30 days if something wrong with camera

bestbuy doesnt allow return after 14 days and also included 15% restocking fees

i am beginner

Should i buy bestbuy for risk policy
or should i buy amazon 639$ kit only without lens
then later buy lens 299$

really wish amazon does has offer lens 150$ like bestbuy, but they sale diff way,....

i am new beginner , but if i buy body + 55mm lens + 250mm lens all now it could save me 150$ bucks
but that only in bestbuy not amazon

Camera shops may be a bit more expensive but I have found their advice helpful. At mine one of the guys there ran a Canon service center. In the end it saved money by matchinng me with the right gear.

Or you could look at one of the sponsor s of this site and see how they stack up.

Last edited:
Frankly I've never been able to buy anything from Best Buy stores. When they've had a "deal", they didn't have the inventory, and when they didn't have "deals" their prices were higher. Lastly, I've yet to find an associate that was knowledgeable enough to answer questions. Amazon has always provided the product at a competitive price, with no service issues. B&H Photo and Adorama also offer excellent customer service and prices.

Best Buy has 0% interest for 12 months. Just make sure you figure out what to pay each month and be sure to pay off in 12 months or they will sock you for all the interest if not paid off in 12 months.

Amazon also has 6/12 month 0% payment options. I personally order most of my gear from b&h. They don't charge me sales tax and at 10% in Chicago it makes a big difference. Although I did buy my first camera from Best buy with the accidental warranty, more for a peice of mind. At the end of the two year warranty I had it sent out for a full cleaning, it came back with a "new" battery and a shutter that read 313 shots!! (It was a D5500 on eBay right now if interested lol)

They don't charge me sales tax

Sales tax at 9% here is a big issue also. So far Adorama hasn't charged me sales tax either, plus they send out coupons for $25 off on a purchase every so often. Between that and the sales tax, that can be a substantial savings on big ticket items. When we owned the trucking company we always titled our new trucks in MO because there wasn't any sales tax on vehicles used in interstate commerce and the ad valorem tax was less. At a $125k/truck that added up in a hurry. Then we'd buy our Apportioned Tags in Alabama. The clerks at the courthouse hated to see me coming because they would have to print out "NO TAX DUE" receipts so we could buy our tags. LOL

the point is
bestbuy cost 749$
amazon cost 898$

understand both has 12 month pay off program

amazon doesnt count buy extended lens save 150$
and that option is save me 150$ if i buy 250mm lens

Generally the lowest price is available by shopping for a "refurbished" camera direct from Canon's online store.

Canon Refurbished EOS Rebel SL2 Black EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 Kit | Canon Online Store

The refurbished cameras are generally indistinguishable from "new" and they come with the same warranty as a new camera. It see it's currently available for $559.

I usually buy most of my gear from B&H Photo or from a local camera store (ProCam). But the "refurbished" deals from Canon are pretty good. I know several people who purchased that way and they tell me that when the gear arrives, you can't tell it's not new (other than it comes in generic packaging instead of in the flashy retail packaging.)

The camera will come with everything you need EXCEPT a memory card (you always have to get a card) and also it wont include a bag (if you want a camera bag... but bags are cheap... $15-20 for a bag large enough to hold the camera, kit lens, and maybe an extra lens or a flash.)

So no memory card cannot take any picture ?????
i though we can snap picture transfer to iphone without memory crd /

which memory card is work good ????

You must have a memory card... but they aren't very expensive. The prices used to be about $1 per GB ... but I think they're even cheaper now. High performance memory cards are a good idea IF you plan to use it for video. For still photos it's less important.

SanDisk and Lexar are good brands.

I usually prefer to have at least two cards and there are two reasons for this... #1 a card could fail (unlikely but it could happen) and it's nice to have a spare. #2 an easy way to transfer images is remove the memory card from your camera and insert it into the computer (rather than trying to do a wireless transfer or USB transfer which is much slower). BUT... there's a possibility you forget to remove the card from the computer and put it back in the camera (I've can assure you I've never made that mistake myself, right???). You get to wherever you planned to shoot and discover the dreaded "no card" error and realize ... that's because it's in your computer... back home. SO... I always want a spare card that I leave in the camera bag.

E.g. I'd rather own 2x 16GB cards than 1x 32GB card.

thanks ••••

how many photo in 10GB crd keep ???
i plan to take around 100 photo per trip/

BestBuy is a good store in my area, with terrific inventory,good selection, and great prices-plus a VERY liberal return policy.

And at BestBuy you can check it out in hand,take it home that day and start playing or wait for something to come from the jungle wait all day for delivery and always a possibility its DOA from the box.

Most reactions

Back