• Return and buy something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return and buy discounted price

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Glen Fabian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello I just recently bought the Nikon D7500 2 lens kit for $1600 dollars from Best Buy. Since then it has gone on sale for 999 in addition the D 750 is also on sale for 1299 and 1799 for the body + [AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens] should I return the D7500 so that I can buy the full frame D750 since it is now within my price range? There would also be a 15% refund fee.

I would like to get this camera to shoot portraits and special events more specifically my girlfriends graduation. I am also looking to start photography as a more serious hobby and step up from my smartphone. in the future I look forward to upgrading to Sony or Nikon mirrorless full frame

If you are a beginner, your equipment will not make much of a difference.

Give yourself a chance to actually outgrow your equipment before worrying about replacing it with better equipment.

You'll be able to take very nice shots with what you have if you use it properly.

dont chase megapixels.

just get it price matched if youre within the policy timeframe...

Reactions: Dao
Both are good cameras. You should be able to do excellent work with either of them.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m more an I guess you’d an intermediate amateur photographer that is taking the Multimedia program at our local community college, and I was looking at getting these same two cameras. Just so happens my instructor for video production gave me the same tip that the D7500 might be the better body to go with partly because of the fact that with a full frame camera you’re more app to need to buy FX or full frame version lenses. I’d like to hear others comments on lens possibilities and choices for these camera bodies based on price, performance, and picture quality.

My concern always is the lenses being able to auto focus, because from my experience, when you buy a lot of the higher end lenses they don’t have auto focusing motors in then, and most of the crop sensor bodies have no motor in them either Henderson no auto focus capabilities, unless you buy the DX lenses. Comments, and educate me hon this.

The other thing’s I like with the D7500 is that it seems to have the same, or similar 51-point auto focus (AF) as the D750. Well the higher 4K video is great; both having good low light resolution , or should I say less noise with higher ISO’s. The other thing that’s nice on the D7500 is the frames per second continuous shutter speed capability it has for shooting action stills.

I think the D7500 is probably great for sports.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Respectfully,

@Tony Ballas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back