Should I buy it???? Canon Mark III

Again, just for price matching. I can't say that I would buy from there after reading a lot of those reviews.

kathythorson said:
Okay, should I just make the leap and purchase the Canon Mark III today for $2899.00 with free shipping w/o selling my back-up Mark II's first. Or should I sell my back up first and risk this not being this cheap in a few weeks???? I really, really want it like yesterday! 61 focal points!! I am going to be in heaven. I have 3 weddings before the end of the year and I want to be completely comfortable with it as well. Any thoughts?

What's the hurry considering Black Friday just around the corner? The price will only go down. Of course that's only if you want to save a few bucks. It's a wonderful camera. I replaced my D700 with it and do not have any regrets.

kathythorson said:
Okay, should I just make the leap and purchase the Canon Mark III today for $2899.00 with free shipping w/o selling my back-up Mark II's first. Or should I sell my back up first and risk this not being this cheap in a few weeks???? I really, really want it like yesterday! 61 focal points!! I am going to be in heaven. I have 3 weddings before the end of the year and I want to be completely comfortable with it as well. Any thoughts?

What's the hurry considering Black Friday just around the corner? The price will only go down. Of course that's only if you want to save a few bucks. It's a wonderful camera. I replaced my D700 with it and do not have any regrets.

I am happy to see someone in this forum switching from Nikon to Canon :) Congrats on that great camera.

kathythorson said:

I am happy to see someone in this forum switching from Nikon to Canon :) Congrats on that great camera.

Who is switching? Kathy? She's a canon shooter with a 5d2 and she's upgrading. So, we didn't win one over here!

Who is switching? Kathy? She's a canon shooter with a 5d2 and she's upgrading. So, we didn't win one over here!

I highlighted in Red :)

kathythorson said:

I really don't think the price is going to go too much lower than this. Maybe a hundred bucks or so, but I wanted to have it for these end of the year weddings to really put that ISO to the test. I have some low light scenarios at these weddings that I really want to play with w/o flash.

I am considering buying it first over the 70-200 2.8 mkii. 61 focus points is ammazing but ISO performance is outstanding!! My friend shoots ISO 1600 all the time and there is no noise at all with alot of details. We could count the small hairs on the stomack of the model at ISO 1600!

I am really looking forward to seeing what the higher ISO can really do w/o the noise.

Samerr9 said:
I am considering buying it first over the 70-200 2.8 mkii. 61 focus points is ammazing but ISO performance is outstanding!! My friend shoots ISO 1600 all the time and there is no noise at all with alot of details. We could count the small hairs on the stomack of the model at ISO 1600!

There is noise at higher ISO's than any cameras minimum. Of course, you'd have to pixel peep to really notice

Samerr9 said:

There is noise at higher ISO's than any cameras minimum. Of course, you'd have to pixel peep to really notice
You are spouting more of something you know NOTHING ABOUT. What is with you tonight?

I have just come back from a holiday to Singapore and whilst I took some nice images, I was also using the 5dIII for snapshots of my family and friends (just for memories and not serious photography). I was absolutely stunned by what his camera can achieve in virtual darkness.

I had my 24-70mkII on most of the time and for memories ISO12600 is actually very usable for digital viewing (Facebook etc).

I can't believe anyone would ever be disappointed by this piece of genius. :)

Samerr9 said:

You are spouting more of something you know NOTHING ABOUT. What is with you tonight?

How do you think tonight is any different than just about every other day he posts?

MLeeK said:

So then ISO 1600 magically makes no noise??

swiftparkour94 said:
So then ISO 1600 magically makes no noise??

I think you worded it weirdly.

rexbobcat said:
I think you worded it weirdly.

And now I'm confused lol. Bumping up the ISO makes noise, for some cameras it's so little you can't even tell that it's there. It's artificial light. I thought this was basic knowledge

Most reactions

Back