Should I keep working on this ...

Be mindful of the shape of the bottle also. Some companies use very distinct shapes and they are easily identifiable as that "brand". Spec shooting for stock is simple and generic, so you really have to be mindful of all the silly things out there.

I wanted to get some fake ice cubes, but couldn't find any. I will probably try the liquor-bottle thing next.

Got the softer light thing though ... This time I suspended a piece of foam board with a 8-in hole about a foot above the subject, and then held a scrim about a foot from the light fitted with a 3-in snoot.

WaterAndLimeSofterLight (1 of 1).jpg

I like the lighting, but watch those reflections on the rim of the glass, a little distracting. At the angle your shooting at, you could use less ice and still get that same effect. Being off center really makes a wonderful difference also :icon_thumleft: Your definitely heading in the right direction now...

Now with no coins & added bottles ... not sure I like them though.

Think the message is DUI ... tried to leave enough room for ad wording no matter the crop

WaterAndLimeSofterLight (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Hmmm... I think what I had in mind was less detail, more silhouette and more OOF background; just vague hints of the bottles and more of them, almost a row along the background. Might even be easier to composite them in as a digital background.

Most reactions

Back