Should I sell a lens?

Don't sell the 50! It's 4x the speed of the tamron, you'll miss that.

Get rid of the 18-200mm vr2, and replace it with a 55-200mm vr--that will net you more $$ then simply selling the 50, and you won't be sacrificing any capabilities.

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 macro (just arrived, will be picked up tm)

You are short enough on cash that you need to sell a lens.... yet.... you JUST got a $500 lens that you're picking up tomorrow? Why are you even picking up a new lens if you might be forced to sell it before you can even use it?!? Why do people stretch themselves soooo thin?

Last edited:
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 macro (just arrived, will be picked up tm)

You are short enough on cash that you need to sell a lens.... yet.... you JUST got a $500 lens that you're picking up tomorrow? Why are you even picking up a new lens if you might be forced to sell it before you can even use it?!? Why do people stretch themselves soooo thin?

LOL This lens I bought 2 months ago and it's just arriving now because it was sent via ground shipping. I'm suddenly out of money right now because this month I've been hit with $2000 of school bills I never thought I had since I just payed off $2500 in January. That's why all of a sudden I'm out of money.

I agree with dumping the 18-200 and replacing it with the 55-200. You pocket a few hundred bucks and don't lose much range.

I agree with dumping the 18-200 and replacing it with the 55-200. You pocket a few hundred bucks and don't lose much range.

55-200mm vr sells for $150 used on ebay, whereas the 18-200mm vr2 sells for $600!

That's a $450 difference! and the 55-200mm outperforms the 18-200!

LOL, if it was me, I'd find something else to sell before I started getting rid of camera gear.
this! unless it is something you really dont or wont use.

Most reactions

Back