What's new

Should I straighten this up?

JTPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
902
Reaction score
428
Location
South Mississippi
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The ground was not level, nor was the gravestone. It was a hilly area as you can see from the BG. I used the in camera level because I just couldn't make it look right with my eye.

$unknown.webp
 
I say no. It wouldn't have the same effect.

Straightening up for perfection in an imperfect world where nobody knows this poor person's name ... show the imperfection and make people think.

/opinion
 

Agreed. It just doesn't look right to me. People viewing it without benefit of your explanation will not notice that it's a hill, only that the marker isn't straight.
 
I would try to straighten the tombstone on the vertical edge.
 
Thanks for the feedback. All valid points, and the fact that it goes both ways validates why I was on the fence about it. I will level it and see how it looks and post it up.
 
I say no. It wouldn't have the same effect.

Straightening up for perfection in an imperfect world where nobody knows this poor person's name ... show the imperfection and make people think.

/opinion
strongly disagree but only because IMO there is no "effect" to begin with. from this perspective you can't tell it's on a hill, crooked, imperfect, or otherwise. all you have is the stone and the frame, and it just being crooked to the frame gives no sense of anything.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom