Show-Off Those Wings

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
844-GBH-wing-spread-(2)-f.jpg

Great detail shot.

Is he cooling off? Heard it's pretty hot there.
Nice clarity on those feather colors!

Thank you! I don't know if he was cooling off or just stretching. Just before I snapped the shot he also had his left leg stretched out, pointing back and almost level with the ground.

830-GBH-stretching-(2)-f.jpg

Last edited:
Nice capture. I haven't seen any doing that around here.

Both are very nice. I like the 2nd one with more headroom.

Nice shots.

They do that all the time. A friend and I call that the seventh inning stretch. Simply working the creaks out. If it were cooling down it would open both wings like a flasher in a trench coat. Seriously. Don't know how else to describe it. Lol. It's called Gular Fluttering. @Joel Bolden made me aware of the proper term here:

Gular Fluttering

Have a ton of pictures of both. Recently got pics of one stretching on top of a wood duck house. It wasn't so much that it was stretching but, it did this ballerina act on top of such a small angled platform. And....didn't fall in the lake.

Nice capture. I haven't seen any doing that around here.

Thanks, I see it once in awhile.

Both are very nice. I like the 2nd one with more headroom.

Thank you and I agree, #2 is better.

Nice shots.

They do that all the time. A friend and I call that the seventh inning stretch. Simply working the creaks out. If it were cooling down it would open both wings like a flasher in a trench coat. Seriously. Don't know how else to describe it. Lol. It's called Gular Fluttering. @Joel Bolden made me aware of the proper term here:

Gular Fluttering

Have a ton of pictures of both. Recently got pics of one stretching on top of a wood duck house. It wasn't so much that it was stretching but, it did this ballerina act on top of such a small angled platform. And....didn't fall in the lake.

Thank you and thanks for the info. I've taken pictures of them regulating their temperature, it almost looks like they're doing yoga and the "Ohmmmmmm" thing, lol! I've seen them do what looked like stretching before but wasn't 100% sure of why they were doing what they were doing, animals are very strange sometimes. Thanks for clarifying that.

A fair spread there. Plenty feather detail too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back