What's new

Show pictures- Need lots of critique.

pyropenguin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the time for our fair is coming up, and I'm entering a few pictures through my imaging class.

Here's what I have so far, any critique will help, be as blunt as you want. You wont hurt my feelings.

Other, not listed [Digital]
01brembosxq3.jpg


Other, not listed [Color]
01bugeyesubiejw5.jpg


Still Life [Color]
01shakespear1ex4.jpg


Portraits and Character Studies [Color]
02fanningkids3jt2.jpg


Flowers [Color]
flower1lr1.jpg


Still Life[B&W] (Not to sure about what to do with these, looks like they're missing something)
mainsglassesht2.jpg


Scenic Views; Other [Color]
01fanning2lx4.jpg



Any critique is welcome. :D
 
the last one with the palm tree - - probably don't want to crop off the top of the palm like that, try and frame it in the whole shot.
 
Well that wont be an option- That place is about 5,000 miles from me right now. :)
 
The boys in the water is a really nice shot. The palm is a bit too cropped, and the people are a distraction (IMO). The book shot is nice, but Id crop off the negative space on the LH side of the pic, and parts of the photo look a bit soft. I like the glasses image, that one works pretty well for me.
 
I love the boys in the water :) What if you considered doing something like this for this shot? This is very extreme- obviously you could tone it down- i just wanted the various effects to be obvious. I gave it a more interesting crop, upped the contrast, burned the edges (Rather poorly as well haha), did a little high pass filtering just for fun (and as I said... too much), and then sharpened just a bit. Point is... I would make the glasses shot more dramatic.

3y5mv4h.jpg
 
Thanks guys, I'll mess with them in class and post up the results.

Any other ideas?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom