Show pictures- Need lots of critique.

pyropenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the time for our fair is coming up, and I'm entering a few pictures through my imaging class.

Here's what I have so far, any critique will help, be as blunt as you want. You wont hurt my feelings.

Other, not listed [Digital]
01brembosxq3.jpg

Other, not listed [Color]
01bugeyesubiejw5.jpg

Still Life [Color]
01shakespear1ex4.jpg

Portraits and Character Studies [Color]
02fanningkids3jt2.jpg

Flowers [Color]
flower1lr1.jpg

Still Life[B&W] (Not to sure about what to do with these, looks like they're missing something)
mainsglassesht2.jpg

Scenic Views; Other [Color]
01fanning2lx4.jpg

Any critique is welcome. :D

the last one with the palm tree - - probably don't want to crop off the top of the palm like that, try and frame it in the whole shot.

Well that wont be an option- That place is about 5,000 miles from me right now. :)

The boys in the water is a really nice shot. The palm is a bit too cropped, and the people are a distraction (IMO). The book shot is nice, but Id crop off the negative space on the LH side of the pic, and parts of the photo look a bit soft. I like the glasses image, that one works pretty well for me.

I love the boys in the water :) What if you considered doing something like this for this shot? This is very extreme- obviously you could tone it down- i just wanted the various effects to be obvious. I gave it a more interesting crop, upped the contrast, burned the edges (Rather poorly as well haha), did a little high pass filtering just for fun (and as I said... too much), and then sharpened just a bit. Point is... I would make the glasses shot more dramatic.

3y5mv4h.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll mess with them in class and post up the results.

Any other ideas?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back