Show & Shine

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While driving back from the very Manitoban town of Miami yesterday, I run into this impromptu car show on the side of the road. The sun was shining very intensely; since I don't have any filters other than my UVs, you'll have to forgive some light issues here. (In other words, say hallo to the halo.)

1. Ford

f/9 @ 28 mm, 1/500, ISO 200

2. Cadillac I

f/9 @ 28 mm, 1/320, ISO 200

3. Cadillac II

f/9 @ 28 mm, 1/500, ISO 200

Fill flash was used on all of these, although I don't suppose it made any difference in the last one.

Thanks for looking.

P.S.: Did I capture a meteor shower in #3? :lol:

Last edited:
#2 for me too. I like the scene and the edit looks pretty surreal.

Great shots as usual, invisible! I like number 2 alot, but number 3 is definitely my favorite. You captured the cars age perfectly

I love stuff like this, so I like them all...agree #2 and #3 are the standouts. The striations in the sky in #3 are interesting and it's slightly present in #2...I suspect it's an effect that's been enhanced by your processing....looks cool though.

Thanks G. Ike and Roger for your kind words.

Roger, do you know what produced those striations? They are not an effect I'm happy about. As you said, they become more apparent during post-processing. Is there any way to prevent them from happening?

Roger, do you know what produced those striations? They are not an effect I'm happy about. As you said, they become more apparent during post-processing. Is there any way to prevent them from happening?

The images look like they have been tonemapped, I have had the same thing happen with certain images....it seems to depend upon the direction of light. When the light is directly behind, no problem. However when side-lit or back-lit and then tonemapping, the striations appear. Usually my images are more affected than yours. This is an effect that happens in digital.....there is a term, I'll have to do a search now :D.

Most reactions

Back