Showing Off!

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I'm posting this more to show off my new Border Collie puppy, Trixie than for any photographic reason. But, since I'm not the best at portraits (I prefer to get outside and shoot), C&C is always welcome.

804434679_somNc-L.jpg

Lovely pup!! C&C purposes...It's driving me nuts that I can't figure out if she's leaning on a wall or laying on her shoulder and you took the picture horizontal instead of vertical. I'm going to assume she's leaning. I just wish I could see how lol. She's also backlit making the blown highlights in the back and a bit underexposed on the subject.

It's driving me nuts that I can't figure out if she's leaning on a wal'...

Leaning against bed/bedskirt is my guess.. EDIT: no it's a COUCH! I know it..

Lovely pup!! C&C purposes...It's driving me nuts that I can't figure out if she's leaning on a wall or laying on her shoulder and you took the picture horizontal instead of vertical. I'm going to assume she's leaning. I just wish I could see how lol. She's also backlit making the blown highlights in the back and a bit underexposed on the subject.

lol, she's leaning against the back of the couch. Unfortunately, she can't seem to keep still for more than about half a second, so I tried to use that to get her to sit still for a moment. Back light is coming from a window right behind her. I hadn't thought about that, actually. All in all, lighting sucks for the shot. Thanks for the tips. Portraits and indoor lighting are the areas I need the most help with.

A good home made reflector or cheap Amazon one is perfect for window lighting portraits! Well done to Rez for the couch guess by the way. I seriously thought when I first looked at it was carpet. Now it all makes sense lol

Most reactions

Back