Shrewsbury Parish Church, Kennedyville, Md

Thanks. It sure makes me miss my LF days. There's a lot more satisfaction turning on the lights after making a print like this.

The composition is fine and the mood is calm.

I know it might not be your style Rick, but I'd like to see things like the branches, the brick, the bark have a bit more pop.

Nice composition and tonal range, but appears to have the same sharpness issue. I see this one is only at f13, rather than f16, so diffraction seems an unlikely cause. I wish I had a good theory about where your equipment is failing you.

I think the shot was real good. I blew it up and was impressed with the overall detail, Just my opinion

The composition is fine and the mood is calm.
I know it might not be your style Rick, but I'd like to see things like the branches, the brick, the bark have a bit more pop.

Thanks Fan, It's hard to make anything pop with no detail

Nice composition and tonal range, but appears to have the same sharpness issue. I see this one is only at f13, rather than f16, so diffraction seems an unlikely cause. I wish I had a good theory about where your equipment is failing you.

Thanks Ken, ALL my shots have the same symptoms. I've tried the kit lens, my Nikkor Macro and my 50 prime. All the same

I think the shot was real good. I blew it up and was impressed with the overall detail, Just my opinion

Thanks for that. I would have been very happy with it if just had the crisp snap of a good, sharp lens.

Rick ...I like it, I would fix the slight lean to the right and you are good. I like the tones, I can smell the hypo already.

Thanks Mully. this one is just begging for the 'ol 4x5 treatment ;)

Oh, BTW, My photo isn't leaning, the church is :lmao: <jk>

Looks good. The large version improves it a lot. ;)
Your right, this is begging for a 4x5.

Most reactions

Back