What's new

Shrouded by Light

Thank you Larry :)
 
Great shot. Beautiful colors!!
 
Stunning. Was this OOC? If not, what post processing did you do?
 
Yes, a Sigma CPL

Stunning. Was this OOC? If not, what post processing did you do?
Not OOC as I shoot raw. Processed in LR4/CS6 As far the exact process, I just try things and if they look good I continue. Curves, vignette, gradient. I'm not too technical, I try something and if it looks ok I use it. :D
 
Even though the colors and landscape are beautiful, I don't like the subject's pose. I'm not sure how I'd improve it, but this way it looks to me like she's forgot something and remembered it in this very moment. I also think the vignette is not necessary here and that you could crop the top of the photo (in 3:2), so the line of the horizon is in the middle (because the subject's head will be on a third). Post processing is not too demanding in shots like these as the colors are already beautiful. So, for me - good choice of time to shoot, good choice of landscape, good choice of subject, but could use a better composition, subject's pose and post processing.
 
Not to discount your opinion but I chose my crop very carefully and this pleases me intensely.
Now, my wife and I were out for a ride and she went to the waters edge and I snapped this pic. When I go back with a model I assure you it will be improved upon ;)
 
Exactly. Sometimes it's ok to be less than perfect ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom