Siblings : Street

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
been going thru more stuff on my old computer.. so here goes a few more(posted one earlier today in the new gallery).. shot on col film a couple of months back ... converted to bw and resized for the web

54553410_a6f9551891_o.jpg

54553411_4f5ef0497e_o.jpg

54553412_d9e2424fb1_o.jpg

theyre old so technically may not be too cool.. but i liked em when i saw em today... they were sweet kids :)

Thanks for looking :hugs:

Great stuff - very interesting pictures and well shot too. You could do a featurette of all the rich local street culture for the photojournalism section quite easily with these - most people here are from Europe and the Americas, so I think it would really be appreciated!

Rob

they do look like cool kids.
I especially like the slight wide angle distortion on the second one. It makes the kids look awesome!
Love the lines in the first one too. The chair holds my attention for so long but blends so well with the rest of it.

There's always so much too look at in your photos mansi. I love em!

Cool Mansi, your not using Photobucket. I can check these out here @ work.

I love these bw shots ! There's so much to look at in each photo.

Very nice :thumbup: :sexywink:

Thanks Rob - ofcourse i can do something like that ... just as soon as the work load is a little less.. havent foud time to shoot street in a while... thanks for looking and your comments :)

Meysha thanks a lot for your comments :D
the thing the are sitting on is actually their bed.. it is called a 'charpoy'.. made of jute thread.. and it is what they sleep on.. out in the open on a hot summer night

Thanks M@ko! yeh iv given up on PB for now.. what a nuisance with the limits etc... can you not access PB from work?
Thanks for looking and your comments :D

Thanks a lot cindy! i kinda found the distortion interesting when i saw it today :) thanks for ur comments :)

Another excellent series Mansi. I am always impressed by your street photogs. These children dont have X-Box, or computers, or even a solid roof over their head, but they can still manage a smile.
Very well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like 3 the best!

These are among the most impressive of your photos I have seen so far. You already did very, very well when you still "shot only film", bah, what an understatement!

From the first I feel I want to see the little girl sitting on that bed with her brother (at first only the two, perfect composition in that one, mind!!!!!) up closer.

So you take us closer in your second photo using an angle that I would otherwise say is not good for photos of children, but for some reason that I cannot quite nail it works in this one. Probably because you are thus still providing context, like that of including the "big" sister (she is 10, 11? at the most?) in the background, doing her household chores!

And then at last you give us full sight of their pretty faces and big, big, BIG eyes! You really have a way of pointing out the eyes of the people you photograph. It is a talent, it is very YOU! You still have some great photos lying ahead of you, I am just sure.

Try to mix your photography between digital and film. I would suggest that to you.

I've always liked this series of yours mansi...really let's us into these kids lives on a personal level...starting wide to show context and moving closer to bring us intimately into their world. And they always have those beautiful smiles and deep dark eyes.

Your compassion for your subjects shines thru in shots like these...and they obviously respond to you.

Fantastic work. :D

First off...amazing picture Mansi. I have to say that the contrast, tonal range and exposure on all of these are spot on.

I think I like #3 the most, which is hard being they are all so good...but the boy's eyes on the right side of the frame are just amazing. I couldn't take mine away from them. Anyway, very nice pictures...I can't wait to see what else you have. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

JonMikal-Thanks very much for looking :) love sure conquers all :heart:
CHiller-very true.. no matter how hard the cicumstance.. they always manage a smile.. and i have seen that always for when i've interacted with them.. their eyes spell out a million dreams.. thanks a lot :)
Daniel - Thanks
Corrina - thanks for the extensive feedback.. much appreciated.. thanks very much
JonK - thanks jk for the great comments...

thanks peeps

Thanks Cesium :mrgreen: i think it was a 'she' on the left side... did have very captivating eyes toh.. thanks very much for the comments:)

Mansi said:
Thanks Cesium :mrgreen: i think it was a 'she' on the left side... did have very captivating eyes toh.. thanks very much for the comments:)

Haha...I was actually talking about the one on the right side...but now that you mention it, the little girl's eyes are equally as clear. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back