side-by-side

brujeria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shiparrivingtoolatetosaveadrowningwitch.com
hello.... working (very slowly) on my webside, im picking out pictures
to place them side by side, sometimes it works with different subjects
sometimes it dont. i'v been looking at my pictures so long i turned "blind".

here is a few of them, what work, what dont...?
if you got the time to comment, thanks!

divers700x336.jpg

bwflowers700x336.jpg

lines700x336.jpg

fence_wire_676.jpg

leafs_676.jpg

dobbelflower676.jpg

To my eye, #s 5 & 6 work and the rest don't. However, since these are kind of abstract opinions will vary widely.

It's a cool idea.

Each one of these photos is very nice, and I do like the presentation. I think #5 is very good conceptually, but I feel the picture on the left could be stronger. #1 is very striking and caught my eye. I like the contrast range and the choice of subject. It's somewhat abstract and interesting. #2, I feel the photo on the left far outshines its counterpart on the right. Same with #3. I don't know what's going on in the photo on the right. #4, the right picture is a bit cluttered and confusing. #5, I love the left photo. Very nice, but the right one has some issues with composition for me. The background is competing with the subject, which is not very strongly presented, and there are some confusing lines going on in the photo. The small strip of white at the bottom edge of the photo doesn't help it either.

All in all, it's a very nice series. I'm nitpicking. I think with a little work, and perhaps reshooting some of these, really concentrating on concept, you can have a very provacative series.

#6 works the best for me. these shots tend to be more successful the simpler both the subject and composition get.

i like # 2, 4, and 6 nice job

what are the bizarre flying figures in the first one? i love it! 5 and 6 are also really nice.

Most reactions

Back