domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to get a macro for my D80

Sigma seems to fit the bill there seems to be 2 versions. An AF and a DG version. Does anyone know what the difference between the two is? Will they both work for the D80?

Is Sigma DG not the same as Nikon's DX? I would stick with a full frame lens. JMO, but you my find yourself with a FX camera down the road and wish you stuck with full frame glass.

I'm not sure. I looked at the sigma site and they just went on and on about multiple coatings. Which I think makes very little difference. If thats the case I might buy the older model for $250 on ebay.

well i know DG is their lower end stuff, and EX is the pro level lenses, (if i have my facts straight) but the AF i would believe just describes that its an autofocus lens

The 105 f/2.8 EX DG AF replaced the 105 f/2.8 EX AF, the DG has new coatings on the front lens element, meaning that the lens has been optimized for Digital SLRs, and it works on film and digital SLRs. I have the older EX AF version, and it works great with my D70, so if you can get it for $250, go for it, it's a great lens.

I got sick of messin around with ebay. I just ordered the Dg 105 of B&H it should be here Wednesday. Yeah Macro!

Most reactions

Back