Sigma 135-400 Canon Lens

conor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Milton Keynes U.K.(Formerly Ballycastle, N.I.
Website
www.conorandlucy.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys and gals,

I have been looking at buying the Sigma 135-400 Canon Lens for my 350D but after looking at a few reviews, I'm confused as to whether it's any good.

Some of the reviews say that its an excellent lens, others say the AF is not very good and that it takes ages to focus. Others have said that the lens creep is bad. A work colleague has one and he says that he hasnt had a lot of problems with it.

Can anyone give me some advice and maybe suggest an alternative?

TIA,

I'm not familiar with this lense, but maybe you could borrow your friends and see if you like it. Granted there may be a difference between your friends and what you buy, but it gives you a base line.

Cheers

I had that lens for my Sony Alpha and I didnt like it all that well.The focus was really noisy and it was sooooo slooooowww.dont even think about shooting a moving subject with that thing.
It works ok for static subjects but not to good for action.
overall I never used it to much.
Try and borrow your friends as suggested above and see if you like it.Mabye the canon version is better but I doubt it.
As far as picture quality It was pretty good.I never noticed any bad distortions or softness at any of the focal lengths.

I have used the same lens in a Nikon mount. It is heavy, slow to focus, noisy and soft on the 400mm end... and yes, it does creep out as well.

I would choose something else.

the reviews for the sigma 50-500mm seam pretty good maybe look in to that one. :)
good luck!

..or the Canon 100-400L

Most reactions

New Topics

Back