benhasajeep52 50
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- May 4, 2006
- Messages
- 4,123
- Reaction score
- 598
Well Mr. Brown just dropped off my new lens. In-laws are here so I can't quite take it and go play. But I did give it a quick test to make sure it's working and all that.
First off, the OS is not that loud (complaints I have read). Yes, its louder than Nikons, but its about half as loud as my D type lenses when they autofocus (if not less). Not an issue for me. I had a previous older version, the 170-500. The build seems to be a bit better on this one. First thing I checked was for lens creep. Not a movement. It focused nice and quick. I think its a keeper, so I went online and filled out the registration on the warranty. I was a little worried since I did not like the 170-500 that much. Will see but looks good after a quick look.
When I get a chance to get away. I will take some pics. It's looking like rain outside anyway.
First off, the OS is not that loud (complaints I have read). Yes, its louder than Nikons, but its about half as loud as my D type lenses when they autofocus (if not less). Not an issue for me. I had a previous older version, the 170-500. The build seems to be a bit better on this one. First thing I checked was for lens creep. Not a movement. It focused nice and quick. I think its a keeper, so I went online and filled out the registration on the warranty. I was a little worried since I did not like the 170-500 that much. Will see but looks good after a quick look.
When I get a chance to get away. I will take some pics. It's looking like rain outside anyway.