Sigma 150-500 OS sample shots (My new lens )

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got this lens yesterday....didnt get to unwrap till 1030 pm last night when I got home. I got up early this morn to take a few sample shots. I figured with the sun just comming up I would shoot the house across the street. The stucco give a pretty decent texture to test with. I took 150-200-300-400-500mm shots and a 100 percent crop of the 500mm shot. I am very impressed to say the least.

All hand held F11 ISO 800 1/640 I had the shutter up a little just so I knew it whould be sharp. No Post on these, they are straight out of camera. Shot RAW converted in LR

View attachment 11360View attachment 11361View attachment 11362View attachment 11363View attachment 11364View attachment 11359

Yea those look pretty impressive. It's not really all that fast but man it's cheap, has great range, and it looks like it also has sharp optics!

Yea I sweated this out waiting for it to arrive.....reading all the mixed reviews was makinging me really nervous....after these shots I am one happy camper.

Looks good. Is the autofocus fast

seems pretty quick to me.....

Looks good. Is the autofocus fast
If it starts to hunt it can seem to take forever. If it doesn't have to move far then, yes, it is pretty quick. I managed to get focus lock on a Blue Heron in flight with mine, and I could only see the bird through some tree branches.

Yea I sweated this out waiting for it to arrive.....reading all the mixed reviews was makinging me really nervous....after these shots I am one happy camper.
Glad you like it. As I've said, I've been happy with mine.

The house above was 87 feet acording to my range finder

But I can do this....Be right back

Yea thats pretty impressive. Sometimes a lens can resolve subjects well at close distances but then becomes soft or blurry as you get further. This thing looks like it resolves distant subjects really well. Congrats on the purchase. I may have to consider this for birding or something in the future.

Yep, im like a 10 year old at Christmas.....can wait till im off work tomorrow to go find some birdies.....lol

I assume that 500mm crop was from the middle of the frame. How about 150mm crop of the edge, and 500mm crop of the edge please?

First is a 150mm crop, second is a 500mm crop

Let me know what you think, These were shot on an angle as to where the house sits from mine.....and focal point was center house so there will be some DOF difference on the far edge especially at 500mm

Im still lovin this big ole lens....lol

View attachment 11392View attachment 11393

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back