What's new

Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4 OS Announced

They also have a new 50-200 f4-5.6 OS
 
Sigma really knows how to exploit a niche, don't they! They have a way of evaluating the major camera makers' lens lineups,and then producing something that the camera makers are not producing--like a 17-70mm f/2.8~f/4 variable maximum aperture zoom lens WITH STABILIZATION for $450.

That is how Sigma got to where it is today...that and making lower-priced versions of popular lenses that the camera makers also make, like the 70-200 f/2.8 Sigma EX.

17 to 70 plus 70-200...Sigma looks to be going for a two-lens knockout punch!
 
Well, it's not an "EX" glass lens, so I'm leary of it. All of my Sigma lenses are EX and built very well, but I don't know ...
 
It would have to have EX stamped on it for me to even consider it. Good range though.
 
The original 17-70 is not EX either, but imho its built better than Canon/Nikons consumer lenses. The EX is of coarse better, but there is still a substantial "heft" to the non-EX line.
 
How much of a difference is the OS going to make? I guess my question is, is it really worth the extra money if I am already planning on getting the other 17-70?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom