Sigma 18-35mm with constant 1.8f

That 'world's first' needs to be taken with a pinch of salt (there is an Angenieux 16-44 f/1.1 zoom, and I suspect there are others) but it is an interesting lens that will make the APS-C format slightly more attractive to some people. I wonder if it would be any good with a SpeedBooster on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. That combination (with or without the SpeedBooster) could be nice for documentary work, like a 16 mm camera with the 16-44 f/1.1 or the classic 9.5-57 f/1.7.

I picked one up a bit over a week ago, it's now my favorite lens!

It provides sharp images, fantastic bokeh, autofocus is silent, fast and accurate, the build quality is fantastic (time will tell for sure) - it's great upgrade from a 24-70 f2.8 for an aps-c camera.

What can I say, it's worth every cent I paid for it and more.

Shane

Thanks for the feedback, Smokeyr67. Haven't heard or read a negative comment about the lens yet. Just peeing myself waiting for this thing to arrive.

Be patient, it's worth the wait:)

What are you putting it on - mines on my 60-D

Cost???

EDIT: $799 at B&H.

Mine cost me $697 AUD, but of course I spent another few hundred in the shop on stuff I didn't need:)

reviews and sample photos please if you dont mind :D planning on getting one as well... thanks!

So what do you think? I've been hearing good things with this lens combined with the new 70D.

Thanks for the feedback, Smokeyr67. Haven't heard or read a negative comment about the lens yet. Just peeing myself waiting for this thing to arrive.

Why is this a good lens? 18-35mm isn't that much of a zoom. Am i missing something here?

Why is this a good lens? 18-35mm isn't that much of a zoom. Am i missing something here?

ASPc format, 18 - 35 is a 24 - 50 equivalent, at 1.8. Find another one that is faster than 2.8. Which means you can stop it down to 2.8 and it should out perform a native 2.8.

Most reactions

Back