Sigma 35 Art... Shouldn't have Rented It...

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now I want it! Absolutely love the way this lens draws on a full-frame sensor. And yes, I am BLOWN away with just how sharp it is at 1.4--and then stopped down to 2 or 2.2? Incredible! I think I know what my next "large" purchase will be... :)

{f2.2}
High Speed by f_one_eight, on Flickr

{f1.4}
Rarity by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

How 'bout some 100% crops?

How 'bout some 100% crops?
Ask and ye shall receive!

Both are crops in LR that have been screen shotted, and are the "unedited" raw image. No sharpening or anything.
Incredibly minor and correctable CA, when compared to both my nikon G primes...

Cheers!
Jake

so....are you buying one or are you going to? Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. sounds like you already made up your mind to purchase one...:bouncingsmileys:

so....are you buying one or are you going to? Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. sounds like you already made up your mind to purchase one...:bouncingsmileys:

That I have--just have to send a payment or two in for my tripod and then I'll likely be picking one of these up.

Jake

yeah, for unedited 100% crops, that's pretty remarkable.

Love that Sigma is stepping right into Nikon's traditional wheelhouse and taking them head on, and arguably beating them for much less $$$.

Can you post some night photos, perhaps of the Milky Way? ISO 3200, 15s, f/2? When you buy it of course :)

Can you post some night photos, perhaps of the Milky Way? ISO 3200, 15s, f/2? When you buy it of course :)

I will! I didn't have the time or conditions to do that during the rental (has to go back tomorrow) but i do want to use it for just that. Use three frames and pano them together rather than use an ultra wide. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Long as Sigma and Tamron keep coming with some great optics,no need for the big names hanging off the lens mount and they generally have a good warranty.Looks real good jake.

As Long as Sigma and Tamron keep coming with some great optics,no need for the big names hanging off the lens mount and they generally have a good warranty.Looks real good jake.

Thanks! Yeah, Nikon's version is hundreds more, and there's no way it's sharper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back