Sigma 50mm/1.4 Art for E Mount

pitchblack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pitchblackpolo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been using Sigma 50mm/1.4 Art for Nikon for a few years and it has been my go-to lens in my professional fashion work. I had been eyeing the Sony but never went for it because I would miss this lens, out of all of the lenses in my bag. Yes, I know that the Sony/Zeiss exists, but I wanted THIS lens. I love THIS lens. I also own the 85/1.4 Art, which is objectively an even better lens, but the focal length isn't as useful for me.

As soon as the E Mount version showed up at Adorama, I ordered it and an A7RIII and have been using it ever since. I have to say, the lens works flawless, and I nail focus almost every time. It has all the colors and beautiful bokeh that it did on the Nikon. I did notice, however, slightly more chromatic aberration, but only slightly, and it was still well-controlled compared to most lenses.

This photo was shot at ƒ1.4, and as you can see the sharpness is ridiculous since the lens can resolve the full 42MP of the A7RIII, the colors are great, and the background is smooth and creamy. I can't really say enough good things about it.

If you have any questions about my experiences with it, feel free to ask.

Alexa-M-Pool-(1229-of-357)-sharpness.jpg

Awesome shot dude, really big fan of this although I don't think the photo needs the eye brightening to this extent.

I personally love the 55mm Zeiss but I'm super stoked Sigma have released their art range for Sony, I may end up getting the 35mm. I currently have my Nikon one sitting here collecting dust as I switched to Sony so I need to sell that and I might grab it.

Wow.....it's ridiculously sharp! I decided to move from Canon and recently bought the Sony nex-6. I have the 16-50 and the sigma 60. So far I'm pleased with the results, so much so that I didn't have to add any extra sharpening in my recent images in pp!

I just picked up the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens this week. Looking forward to using it this weekend.

Awesome shot dude, really big fan of this although I don't think the photo needs the eye brightening to this extent.

I personally love the 55mm Zeiss but I'm super stoked Sigma have released their art range for Sony, I may end up getting the 35mm. I currently have my Nikon one sitting here collecting dust as I switched to Sony so I need to sell that and I might grab it.

\
I have been using Sigma 50mm/1.4 Art for Nikon for a few years and it has been my go-to lens in my professional fashion work. I had been eyeing the Sony but never went for it because I would miss this lens, out of all of the lenses in my bag. Yes, I know that the Sony/Zeiss exists, but I wanted THIS lens. I love THIS lens. I also own the 85/1.4 Art, which is objectively an even better lens, but the focal length isn't as useful for me.

As soon as the E Mount version showed up at Adorama, I ordered it and an A7RIII and have been using it ever since. I have to say, the lens works flawless, and I nail focus almost every time. It has all the colors and beautiful bokeh that it did on the Nikon. I did notice, however, slightly more chromatic aberration, but only slightly, and it was still well-controlled compared to most lenses.

This photo was shot at ƒ1.4, and as you can see the sharpness is ridiculous since the lens can resolve the full 42MP of the A7RIII, the colors are great, and the background is smooth and creamy. I can't really say enough good things about it.

If you have any questions about my experiences with it, feel free to ask.

View attachment 160253

I realize this thread is gettin' a bit on now but I thought I'd add my two cents :) I'm six months into my migration to Sony Full-Frame and I've rented a bunch of lens's just to get my purchase game plan in order. One of the lens's I rented early on (amongst 3 or 4 Sony's) was the 50mm Sigma Art. I found it hard to take a bad photo. It was, as virtually everyone has noted, stunningly sharp. There's just something great about it that's difficult to describe, but in a really wonderful way. Being a gent that likes to primarily stay wide I wound up getting the 35mm and 20mm first as I had already purchased the Sony 50mm 1.8 with the camera. I find the 35mm almost addicting. It makes me work but the results have been really rewarding. The 20mm makes landscape stuff so magical. I just can't say enough about these two lens's. It's easy to wax on about personal purchases but these really are special lens's. Highly recommended.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back