Sigma 70mm macro e mount

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will the Sigma 70mm macro e mount for full frame work on a crop frame a6000? I love my A6000 along with my Nikons. I've gone so far as to buy an old Minolta 55mm macro and use an adapter to take closeups. But, I'd really like to have an autofocus lens at around 70mm for shooting bug closeups.

I don't see why not.
Sony FE lenses are fully compatible with E-mount APS-C cameras ... I would think Sigma would work the same way.

Looks like a Sigma 70mm macro is in my future.

It appears to be a pretty good lens ... you should have fun with it ... get a tripod !!!

I will use it for close ups of bugs etc. I'll shoot handheld with a ring light.

The Sigma 70mm macro is a great lens! I own several macro lenses and initially I bought the 70mm to try out shorter distance macro work (my other is a 150mm macro) before buying a Canon MPE 65mm. However the 70mm has fast become my go-to lens for general quick macro shots and as a default to grab for anything where I'm not hunting very awake bugs.

It's also a nice light lens so its easy to use for long periods and I have found mine to be very sharp (In fact probably the sharpest macro I own and use - though such comparisons are mostly splitting hairs)

Most reactions

Back