Sigma DG and Sigma NON-DG - Please Help!

Ladybuggie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Im new here, this is my first post and I already have a doubt for you guys...

I have 3 L lenses and 2 Sigma EX DG lenses, now I have the opportunity of getting a Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX APO HSM NON-DG, for a reasonable price, but I dont know if this is worth it, cos its not the DG version. Its not a "used" lens, its a demo from a store, so it's not really used. The price is good, but I dont know if I should go for it.

May I add, Canon lenses are totally out of budget right now... even used ones. And I need the f/2.8, cos I use it for sports.

Do you guys have a preference when it comes to the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 and the Sigma 300mm f/2.8 prime? I will also use it with a 1.4x extender, so I thought the prime would be a better option, but I wanna know your opinion. :)

Please, share your thoughts with me.
Thanks!

Hello,

Im new here, this is my first post and I already have a doubt for you guys...

I have 3 L lenses and 2 Sigma EX DG lenses, now I have the opportunity of getting a Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX APO HSM NON-DG, for a reasonable price, but I dont know if this is worth it, cos its not the DG version. Its not a "used" lens, its a demo from a store, so it's not really used. The price is good, but I dont know if I should go for it.

May I add, Canon lenses are totally out of budget right now... even used ones. And I need the f/2.8, cos I use it for sports.

Do you guys have a preference when it comes to the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 and the Sigma 300mm f/2.8 prime? I will also use it with a 1.4x extender, so I thought the prime would be a better option, but I wanna know your opinion. :)

Please, share your thoughts with me.
Thanks!

I know this reply is a little late ! but I've only joined this forum recently. I am looking for a new lens for motorsport (on my new Nikon D300) and was looking at the new Sigma 50-500mm with OS. This is being advertised at around the £1300/£1400 mark. For £500 more I can get the Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 and a Sigma 1.4 t/c which give me 420mm f4. The f2.8 will give me a far superior image so I can crop the photo to equal the 500mm reach. A lot of money I know, but the UK gen stock is only about £40 more than one-stop digital web site are asking plus the UK stock is with a 3 year warranty but the one-stop supplied lens has only a 6 month warranty.

Does anyone on here use this for fast motorsport ? I also looked at the Sigma 300mm f2.8 prime, but the zoom will be very useful as I never know what distance I will be from the edge of the track.

Most reactions

Back