Sigma EX 50-500 f4-6.3 APO DG HSM... how am i going to carry it?

binga63

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi ... just bought a secondhand Sigma EX 50-500 f4-6.3 APO DG HSM and wow it is a big unit can you guys/gals recommend a safe way of carrying it so I don't bruise it or myself...

Backpack?....straps?..case?

thanks

i would keep it in your pants. that way, when your not taking pictures with it, you can use it to impress the ladies.

Monopod works well.

When it was new it came with a nice padded case that had a strap. New, it also came with a strap that attached to the mount collar on the lens.

I had the Sigma 150-500 mm and when the lens wasn't attached to the camera it was in the case. When the lens was attached to the camera, the lens was mounted on a monopod, and the lens strap was attached to me so if I lost control of the monopod the lens/camera could not reach the ground.

Last edited:
This is how I carry my Tamron 200-500.. Ok I'm a camera geek :)

I don't know yet ....trying to organise the care of it ... it hasn't arrived in the post as yet... I only have the dimensions from what I have got of the net and from that I know that my current storage and carrying setup is too small, I might be sounding anal but it was an large investment of money and I want the lens cared for correctly.......have a decent tripod... think I should get a monopod...

That would depend on what you will use the lens to shoot.

I used a monopod to shoot sports. I used a good tripod with a gimbaled head to shoot BIFs (birds-in-flight).

My system is called cheap, secure and thrifty :) I got a cheap "double camera strap" like this Double Dual Sling Shoulder Strap Belt for Two DSLR SLR Cameras for Canon Nikon | eBay . I then went to the hardware store and got 2 bolts with a washer and lock washer to replace the cheap mount that came on it. The one on the lens is bolted through a quick release plate for my tri/mono system (which I never use). And the one on the camera is bolted right to the battery grip. Of course your mileage may vary, but is works great and I can walk around all day and it is just like carrying a backpack.

Swift if your asking me, it focuses fast enough for me...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
think I should get a monopod...

It will help immensely when you are shooting with it and carrying it around for any length of time. Mount to the lens, not the camera.

spent $40 and bought this....
[h=1]DeluxGear LC Lens Cradle with Neo Duet Camera Strap[/h]

hopefully it will work ok....
unsure about the monopod... never used one.. will see how the tripod performs

Most reactions

Back