lamar328

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gavinf.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

Recently bought a Sigma 50mm which I'm really happy with! I bought it outfitted for my Nikon with intentions of purchasing a new Nikon body later on. I'm contemplating getting a Canon body instead. Can the Sigma lens be modified to fit and properly auto-focus on a Canon body? Or am I stuck with a lens only for my Nikon?

Why would you buy a lens for camera you don't have....

You'd be ahead to just sell it and buy the same lens in Canon mount.

Short answer is probably no. There's a LOT more to a lens than the mount on the back. The electronics would need to be changed too. It'll be prohibitively expensive. But then you're considering switching camera systems so it looks like you have money to burn anyway.

The better question is what is making you switch to Canon? Is it something that Canon have right now that Nikon may have in 6 months time making you regret the decision?

I love my Canon, but if I already had a bunch of Nikon lenses, I'd stay with Nikon, and vice versa. As the recent post suggested, Nikon and Canon do a lovely dance where, for a short while, one makes "better" stuff, but the other then catches up and exceeds it, at least for a while, until the next wave arrives. Wait for the perceived Canon wave to wash over you and catch the next Nikon wave. There's really very little difference between the bodies that isn't totally time dependent.

Now the lens selection is a different story.

Hey,

Recently bought a Sigma 50mm which I'm really happy with! I bought it outfitted for my Nikon with intentions of purchasing a new Nikon body later on. I'm contemplating getting a Canon body instead. Can the Sigma lens be modified to fit and properly auto-focus on a Canon body? Or am I stuck with a lens only for my Nikon?

Why did you purchase a lens before the body? Or not at the same time? As for switching, follow their advice and sell the lens, then buy whatever you like for Canon.

Now the lens selection is a different story.

grumble grumble f/1.2 grumble 50mm grumble

*walks away in shame*

let us shame walk away together.

That can't be right, you bought a lens before the camera :confused:
This has got to be the craziest post of the month

he already has a nikon body. He was planning on getting a newer one. Now he's wised up and decided to go Canon instead. ;)

Wised up???????? HA, Nikon rocks the game!! :lol: Cannon or nikon you will get quality from both...........If you know what yer doooin"

he already has a nikon body. He was planning on getting a newer one. Now he's wised up and decided to go Canon instead. ;)

Haha,
well the first part was correct!
Ya I already have the Nikon body...
I wouldn't buy a lens without a camera.

I was just considering switching to Canon, and wanted to know if the conversion was possible. Since it is not... and to answer everyones "basically" retorical question, I'll just stick with Nikon.

Thanks though everyone!

Most reactions

Back