What's new

Sigma lenses: What's the difference?

Seekwence

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Location
Boston, MA
What are the noticeable differences between the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Macro (~$450) and the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 HSM ($850)?
 
The difference between the lenses is that the more expensive one has IF and HSM.

From the Sigma Website

IF - Inner Focus
To ensure stability in focusing, this lens moves the inner lens group or groups without changing the lens’ physical length.

HSM - Hyper-Sonic Motor
This lens uses a motor driven by ultrasonic waves to provide a quiet, highspeed AF.
 
I have the non HSM. For a camera with a motor I think the cheaper model is a good price for the lens. I have really enjoyed the lens and have been able to get some great shots with it. Let me know if you want more details.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom