What's new

sigma lenses

wheatleyaw

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
can you buy mount adapters for sigma lenses? I saw an auction of a guy who is selling a sigma sd 9 with 2 or 3 lenses because the camera body doesn't seem to work for him anymore. so i was wondering if you can find mount adapters for a pentax and have that deal be worth it (selling for $170).
 
I've never seen adapters for the Sigma SA mount lenses to other mounts. Have you searched the web using a search engine? Maybe there is an adapter, but I doubt it, since the Sigma lens mount is probably the least common lens mount on the market. WHat lenses does he have priced at three for $170? It could be worth it if at least one of the lenses was a really good one.
 
Well, appearantly the guy took it off or sold it straight up already. But all the info I could find was from 2004, so I wasn't sure if they had made any since then or not. Thanks for the info.
 
Not just different mounts, but a completely different set of electronics and code in the lenses.

There's a lot more to a lens than simply fitting on a camera. For instance if you use an adapter you often need to introduce a piece of glass in that adapter to counteract the fact that the lens is now sitting further away from the film plane.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom