Sigma or Canon?

1- the Canon is a tank and a half...(strong like bull)
2- the Canon will be higher quality glass
3- IS is bomb. (a good thing)
4- Canon lenses resell for 90-110% their value depending on the market, off-brand...not anywhere close.

I would personally get the Canon, but if you want to save money...and it doesn't matter to you that much about IS...then I suppose the Sigma isn't a bad option for you.

Though I have not used the sigma 70-200 f/2.8, I can tell you the EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS is one impressive telephoto zoom lens. Once you get use to the extra bulk, IQ is unparralelled. Especially wide-open. Most lenses reach optimum performance a stop or so down, but the L line of lenses do not suffer from this shortcoming as much. Get the non-IS if you do not need it, but the whole line is impressive from the 70-200 f/4, f/4 IS and f/2.8.

Thanks guys for the advice, I will definitely buy the canon IS even if means waiting 3 or 4 more gigs for it. I am really glad I found this great community of excellent people that share the same love and passion for this profession and the will to help others. Thanks!

I just finish my last gig and finally I bought this baby on B&H at a great price. I just got it yesterday and I am in love already.
my-baby-70-200-28-IS_01.jpg

congratulations :)

be careful if the camera is not attached .. the centre of mass might be off and with the wrong tripod ....crash ;)

That is one nice looking lens.

Enjoy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back