Sigma vs Tameron vs Nikon for 70-300

Gagan-The-Dragon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello people of the Photoforum!

So am looking at acquiring two new lenses for my Nikon D3100 (currently I am running with a 18-55 Kit lens)

One of my choices is the Nikon 50mm 1.8, that is set in stone.

However, I was looking for a zoom lens to have along with me as well so I have all three aspects covered for a beginner photographer (50 for fixed, 18-55 for wide, and a 70-300 for zoom).

Now I came upon the Sigma 70-300 APO
(5A8306 Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO-M DG (Motorized) Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon AF D Cameras - USA Warranty)

and the Tameron 70-300
(AF276N700 Tamron 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD AF Macro Auto Focus Zoom Lens with Hood for Nikon AF D - with 6 Year USA Warranty)

Now I know Nikon has their own 70-300, but I am running on a tight budget as a beginner and Nikon's VR 70-300 is fairly pricey for me.

So I was wondering if any of you guys could provide some insight on what direction I should take here, if any of you have used either of those lenses, the Tameron or Sigma. I know this Sigma does not have image stabilization, the one that does gets up there with the Nikon price.

Or should I aim at possibly a lower range? The Sigma 50-200 does have optical stabilization.

I was (and still) researching the different lenses to see what info I can pull up, and any information you provide will be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back