Stanokella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stanokella.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_2583.jpg

I like the photo, and I hope that pink is the original colour. If so, good choice on the selective desaturation.

BUT, I don't know how this is a sign of the times. Maybe you could explain? Are you talking about the recession? Because that's happened before ;)

Yeah the blanket is as it is, no changes in colour. Sign of the times in that its not uncommon to see someone living this way on the streets.

I don't know, I don't feel like the selective coloring adds to the picture. If anything, I think it takes away from the emotional impact.

But selective coloring is rarely my cup of tea. I do think you have a good picture here. :)

I don't thing the selective coloring helps in this situation either. My eye first notices the blanket, then the white bag, then a little searching, and finally finds the man at the end. it makes the rest of the image look flat.

Checked out your smugmug gallery. You have a strong use of colour and composition especially in the night shots.

Have to say that this photo could use a lot more work. Homeless and or a sign of times is a very serious subject. If you are interested you have to put much more work and thought in to what you are shooting. At this stage in the game the photo just comes across as cheesy.

Love & Bass

Sign of the times, right, because homeless people are a new phenomenon.

I have no problem with selective coloring but I don't think it works in this case. You've reduced the plight of the homeless to sentimental kitsch, I find it in poor taste and somewhat offensive.

I'm sorry you find it offensive, not my intention. It was to highlight that it was the only warmth in his life. I wasn't sure it worked but have had some positive feedback on the selective colour.

Here is a straight black and white, and for info his permission was gained for the shot and he liked the taken image and was given some money.

DSC_2583bw.jpg

I actually like this shot quite a bit, the expression, all the background you capture. Stands on it's own without the coloring, of course that is up to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back